Wednesday 14 September 2011

Influences

I have been doing some research and looking at different music videos not ones of necessarily the same genre as my music video but examples of the kind of shots and edits i have been thinking about using in my video. This is Madonnas track Give it 2 me.  Again it's not the music i'm interested in just how the video is put together.
If you watch from 0:54 to 1:20 there are a lot of fast quick edits of her basically showing off her body and it gives off the sort sexy owning the stage feel and this is what i would like my female character to have as well. Also the use of the really fast edits of her dancing in front of the wall to a sort of quick snap of stock photo like images coming across. It's that sort of pace which i think matches my music track and it is along the sort of lines i want to do with my music video.
Another thing i took from this video that i liked was the fact throughout out the song it kept coming back to these two main settings where she is shot doing different things. This i find would be useful in my music video when i want breaks from the narrative behind the music and focus in on my female character singing the song and lip syncing the words perfectly. In the picture above i like that feeling of the character being closed into the corner so that in whatever way she expresses herself could be in a catatonic kind of state as she doesn't have much room which for me would really go well with the emotions i am thinking of putting in my music video as those sort of movements lend them selves to sadness and the sort of enticing provocative stance that most females take up when in a music video.
The picture below is quite a nice example of how throughout the song to have another place the video might keep coming back to and to have the close ups needed of the lead singer as is stated in Goodwins theory number 4: The demands of the record label will include the need for lots of close ups of the artist. 
 

And also for the video i was hoping to have the characters appearance slowly degrade throughout the video and these sort of shots would help show that clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment